Thank you for considering adoption from the Quincy Humane Society! Please check out our available pets page to see what animals we currently have at the shelter. For more information, refer to our frequently asked questions or contact an adoption counselor at 217-223-8786.
Below you will find our Adoption Applications. All potential adopters must fill out an application and return it to the Quincy Humane Society for consideration. Our fax number is 217-223-9471. All applications are kept on file for 6 months.
To adopt from the Quincy Humane Society, you must meet the following criteria.
- Be at least 18 years of age. A proper form of identification may be requested.
- You must be allowed to have a dog or cat at your residence. If you are a renter, please come prepared with your current landlord’s contact information.
- Past animals must have received proper veterinary care and current animals must be up-to-date on their vaccinations.
- Be able to spend the time and resources to provide the training, medical treatment and proper care for your newest family member.
- Have the time to spend up to an hour with an adoption counselor to discuss the responsibility of owning a pet and making it a lifetime commitment.
Kittens: $70 (exceptions may apply)
Adult Cats: $20 (exceptions may apply)
Puppies: Range in price from $150-$300
Adult Dogs: Range in price from $100-$300
For a current list of our available pets that are looking for their forever home, click here.